Richland Library is currently accepting submissions for its literary magazine, Kids in Print, which showcases the talents of young people across the Midlands. Children and teens ages 6-18 can submit their poetry, stories, short plays, essays, drawings, photographs and more.
Kids in Print is not a competition, but with so many submissions, we are not able to publish everything. We try to include a variety of creative work that is original, well-crafted and contributes to the overall collection.
Children and teens may submit their work by printing out a submission form below. Submissions are accepted at any Richland Library location. Contributors may also submit their work via e-mail (see directions below). All submissions must be received by January 14, 2019 to be considered for publication.
Congratulations on being brave and expressing yourself--whether you're published or not, you've succeeded!
We look forward to seeing your work.
--The Kids in Print Selection Committee
- Deadline for Submission: January 14, 2019
- Selection for Kids in Print magazine: February - March 2019
- Notification: April 27, 2019
- Kids in Print Reception: May 11, 2019
Online Submission Guidelines
Apply by sending an e-mail to KidsinPrint@richlandlibrary.com. Be sure to include all of the information requested for each entry (name, address, etc.) Incomplete entries will not be considered.
- Requested information:
- kid’s e-mail
- home phone #
- other phone #
- school’s address
- title of work
- We strongly urge writers to submit their work online.
- If submitting online, do not submit a link to Google Docs, Dropbox or other file sharing sites. Submissions must be either included in the body of the e-mail (writing only) or sent as an attachment.
- Images should be scanned at the highest possible resolution.
- We reserve the right to disqualify incomplete entries and/or contributors who are unable to submit a high-resolution photograph of at least 3,000 pixels or an original photo negative or print.
- Photographs taken with smartphones are exempt from this requirement but must be submitted at their highest resolution.
Parents/Guardians: You are verifying that this submission is your child’s original work and you are granting permission for your child’s name, age, school and artwork to be used in Richland Library publicity materials. You will receive an automated reply confirming your first submission only.