Freelancer? Self-employed? Need a new environment? The Richland Library Coworking Center, located on the third level of the Main library, offers a free, fully equipped, self-service workspace. Work in our quiet, spacious corner office with a beautiful view of downtown Columbia. Plus you’ll have all of the library’s resources right at your fingertips.
- Key-accessed enclosed space
- Wireless Internet
- 6 desks with power outlets
- Storage lockers
- Lounge seating
- Online reservation system
Unlike the rest of Richland Library, the Coworking Center is an entirely self-service space. Library staff are not able to assist you with Adobe Creative Suite or other specialized software.
- Six desks are available and can be reserved for up to 8 hours per day.
- Reservations cannot be made more than 2 days in advance.
- One reservation is allowed per day per customer.
- Each person in the Coworking Center must have a desk reservation. Your reservation assigns you to a specific desk.
- Individuals 18 years or older can be in the Coworking Center.
- Your reservation may be cancelled if you do not arrive within 30 minutes of the start time.
- Pick up your keys at the Business, Careers and Research Center desk on the Third Level when you arrive.
- Return your keys to a staff member at the Business, Careers and Research Center desk on the Third Level when you are finished.
- A $20 fee will be added to your library record if the keys are lost or not returned.
- It may be possible to extend your reservation if no one has reserved your desk in the period following.
- Laptops can be borrowed at the Business, Careers and Research Center desk. Availability is limited.
- There is no access to a wired network in the Coworking Center, but free public Wi-Fi is available.
- Richland Library is not responsible for loss or theft of your belongings.
- Sit at the desk reserved for you, and use the corresponding locker to store your belongings.
- Everything must be removed from your locker at the end of your reservation.
- Please do not disturb your coworkers. The Coworking Center is not to be used for interviews, telemarketing, meetings or other loud or disruptive activities.
- Coworkers are expected to comply with Richland Library’s Code of Conduct.
- Lack of adherence to these guidelines may result in loss of privileges.If you would like to proceed, click >AGREE<.