Request an Obituary
Richland Library maintains an index of obituaries, death notices and selected marriages and births from the following local newspapers:
- The State
- The Palmetto Leader
- Columbia Record
- Christian Neighbor
- Columbia Daily Register
- Columbia Daily Union
Click here for search tips from the Local History librarians on using our obituary index. This is an ongoing project. Additional years and resources will be added as they are completed.
To Order a Copy of An Obituary
If you would like a copy of an obituary emailed to you you may request it here. There is a fee of $5 per obituary for emailed requests. Questions? Contact Local History at 803-929-3402 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Search the obituary index.
- Enter the citation for the obituary below, including name, date of publication and newspaper.
- Provide an email address so we can email you the scanned obituary.
- You will receive a receipt from SmartPay immediately after successful submission of your request.
- Expect to receive your obituary within 48 hours.